This course reflects the role of individuals who work in various retail environments such as department stores, speciality stores and others. Individuals who complete this course may have a primary responsibility to work as part of team and develop customer and brand loyalty as well as being able to effectively promote products and services.
They may also be expected to undertake daily store operation activity such as stock control and work independently with some supervision. They may also be involved in supervising other team members.
This course is offered by Learning Sphere through a traineeship model.
Benefits of studying with Learning Sphere
Learning Sphere offers training across a range of industries. We can customise our training to suit a variety of clients and employment situations.
We offer our learners flexibility in study and provide learners with the support they need to complete their training with us.
What you’ll learn
With this program, you will learn valuable skills in building customer relationships, communication, teamwork, identifying security risks, technology, stock control and problem solving.
Completing the course as a traineeship, means you will have real life experience and situations as well as earning an income while you study.
- SIRXCEG001 Engage the customer
- SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
- SIRXCEG003 Build customer relationships and loyalty
- SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team
- SIRXIND001 Work effectively in a service environment
- SIRXRSK001 Identify and respond to security risks
- SIRXSLS001 Sell to the retail customer
- SIRXWHS002 Contribute to workplace health and safety
- SIRXIND002 Organise and maintain the store environment
- SIRXIND003 Organise personal work requirements
- SIRXIND005 Develop personal productivity
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- SIRRINV001 Receive and handle retail stock
Electives are subject to change based on student cohort.
- Frontline Sales Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Senior Sales Assistant
- Retail Supervisor
- Team Leader
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
SIR30216 Certificate III in Retail
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Course Duration: Approximately 13 months
Delivery Model: Traineeship
All individuals who commence training with Learning Sphere are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) test prior to final enrolment. Where the outcome indicates that you require additional support, we will collaborate with individuals to create a Learning Support Plan.
Learners are expected to have a basic to medium level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy ability.
This qualification does require some physical ability such as standing for extended periods of time. Please call our office and we will be happy to assist you decide if this qualification is right for you.