Join one of the largest job sectors on the planet
The hospitality industry is a worldwide employment sector that is expected to rebound rapidly as countries begin to open up post Covid-19. Get the skills now and be ready for the boom.
Employment in the hospitality industry is expected to increase significantly with more than 90,000 additional jobs created in the sector by 2023.
Expand your job opportunities with a diverse new set of skills
Certificate III in Hospitality expands on the basics taught in Certificate II and opens up opportunities to specialise in different hospitality sectors.
A formal qualification in Hospitality will help separate your resume from the thousands of other entry level applications and increase your opportunities for employment in the industry.
What you’ll learn
The SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
- BSBWOR203 – Work effectively with others
- SITHIND002 – Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITHIND004 – Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXCCS006 – Provide service to customers
- SITXCOM002 – Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXHRM001 – Coach others in job skills
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
- SITHACS001 – Clean premises and equipment
- BSBSUS201 – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC003 – Prepare and present sandwiches
- SITHFAB005 – Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB002 – Provide responsible service of alcohol
- HLTINFCOV001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures (Food Handling)
- SITHIND001 – Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
Electives are subject to change based on student cohort.
- Bar Attendant
- Cafe Attendant
- Espresso Coffee Machine Operator (Barista)
- Head Waiter
- Waiter (Hotel/Fine Dining)
- Wine Waiter (Sommelier)
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Junior Handyperson
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Housekeeper (Resort)
- Gaming Attendant
- Kitchen Hand
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.