Start an exciting career in the growing hospitality sector
The Hospitality sector covers a wide cross section of industries including entertainment, tourism, accommodation, food and beverage and is a growing service sector in almost every economy worldwide.
Get the practical skills and gain an understanding of customer-service techniques and practices required to work in a modern hospitality environment.
A starting point for any hospitality career
Certificate II in Hospitality covers a wide cross section of study to provide a pathway into a diverse range of job opportunities as well as opportunities for further study in the sector for Certificate and Diploma courses.
A formal qualification in Hospitality will help separate your resume from the thousands of other entry level applications and increase your opportunities for employment in the industry.
What you’ll learn
The SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality provides a pathway to work in various hospitality settings, such as restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops.
- BSBWOR203 – Work effectively with others
- SITHIND003 – Use hospitality skills effectively
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCOM002 – Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITXCCS003 – Interact with customers
- SITHIND002 – Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- CPPCLO2019A Sort and remove waste and recyclable materials
- CPPCLO2035A Maintain cleaning storage areas
- CPPCLO2017A Clean wet areas
- SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests
- CPPCLO3043 Clean using microfibre and chemical-free techniques
The electives chosen are from the Accommodation Services – Housekeeping and Porting Group.
Electives are subject to change based on student cohort.
- Bar Attendant
- Bar Attendant
- Breakfast Cook
- Cafe Cook
- Catering Assistant
- Fast Food Cook
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Junior Handyperson
- Gaming Attendant
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Funded via Smart and Skilled:
1st qual: $880
not 1st qual: $1,050
traineeship or fee exemption: $0