Get qualified to get working
The increased level of regulation and compliance in the healthcare sector requires almost all applicants to have some form of basic qualification to get started in the industry.
A Certificate II in Health Support Services is ideal for people looking for an entry level role in a healthcare environment and provides a stepping stone to further study and additional job opportunities.
Join one of Australia’s fastest growing industries
The Healthcare sector offers a wide range of employment opportunities across a diverse selection of roles with organisations in Aged Care, Community Services and NDIS Support Services.
Learn the practical skills required while gaining an understanding of the work practice guidelines that regulate work procedures required in hospitals, aged care and health related services.
What you’ll learn
The HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services provides you with the entry level knowledge and skills to enter a pathway into a career in aged care, NDIS and health related support services.
- CHCCOM005 – Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTWHS001 – Participate in workplace health and safety
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CPPCLO2017A Clean wet areas
- CPPCLO2019A Sort and remove waste and recyclable materials
- CPPCLO2033A Plan for safe and efficient cleaning activities
- CPPCLO2035A Maintain cleaning storage areas
- HLTHSS003 Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
- CHCCCS020 Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CPPCLO2001A Maintain hard floor surfaces
- CPPCLO2015A Maintain furniture, fittings and room dressing
Elective units are subject to change.
- Cleaner – Health Services
- Food Services Assistant (Hospital)
- General Hand (Hospital)
- Hospital Laundry Worker
- Ward Hand (Hospital)
- Domestic Assistant
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Hospital Orderly
- Patient Services Assistant
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Funded via Smart and Skilled:
1st qual: $830
not 1st qual: $990
traineeship or fee exemption: $0