Turn your love of nature into a successful career
A Certificate III in Horticulture is the ideal starting point for those looking to start a career in this sector. Qualified graduates are highly sort after by nurseries, farms and parks and gardens services.
Turn your green thumb into greenbacks in your wallet
There are a wide range of career pathways in both the Government and private sectors for Horticulture professionals .
This industry recognised qualification will provide you with the hands on skills and technical knowledge to confidently undertake and manage a variety of Horticulture programs across different specialisations within the industry and opens up opportunities for further study in this sector.
What you’ll learn
Providing information on plants and their culture. Plant nutrition.
Controlling weeds, plant pests and diseases.
Implementing soil improvements.
Preparing, using and storing chemicals.
Implementing maintenance programs for grassed and landscaped areas.
- BSBPEF202 – Plan and apply time management
- AHCWHS301 – Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCPCM302 – Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPMG301 – Control weeds
- AHCPMG302 – Control plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL303 – Implement soil improvements for garden and turf areas
- AHCCHM303 – Prepare and apply chemicals
- AHCCHM304 – Transport, handle and store chemicals
- AHCMOM304 – Operate machinery and equipment
- AHCPCM301 – Implement a plant nutrition program
- AHCPGD304 – Implement a landscape maintenance program
- AHCTRF303 – Implement a grassed area maintenance program
- AHCWRK305 – Coordinate work site activities
- AHCWRK311 – Conduct site inspection
- AHCWRK309 – Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
Elective Units are subject to change based on client / learner requirements.
- Horticulture Assistant
- Senior Crop Worker
- Senior Nursery Worker
- Senior Packer
- Senior Picker
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
AHC30716 Certificate III in Horticulture
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Course Duration: Approximately 12 months
Delivery Mode Options: Workplace | Online (real time) classroom | Online self paced | Combination of above | Workplace Traineeship
Entry Requirements: There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy: Learning Sphere requires all applicants to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) quiz prior to final enrolment. Where outcomes indicate additional support is required, we will collaborate with individuals to create a Learning Support Plan.
Learners are expected to have a basic to medium level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy for this qualification.
Physical Requirements: This job role requires individuals to undertake physical tasks. Please call our office and we will be happy to assist you in deciding if this qualification is right for you.