Get the practical skills and knowledge to turn your seed of an idea into a career
A Certificate II in Horticulture is where careers in horticulture are first germinated. Learn about the latest environmental practices and principles and gain an understanding of the main plant types and how to maintain optimum soil health.
A Certificate II opens doors to a range of career pathways in the Horticulture industry.
A Cert II is the entry point qualification for Horticulture and Gardening Assistants as well as Nursery Hands and Community Landscape officers opening up career opportunities in the government and private sectors.
What you’ll learn
How to recognise different plants and treating pests and disease.
How to pop up plants and plant trees and shrubs.
Assisting with growing media sampling and testing.
Environmentally friendly work practices and basic equipment operations.
- BSBPEF202 – Plan and apply time management
- AHCPCM201 – Recognise plants
- AHCPMG201 – Treat weeds
- AHCPMG202 – Treat plan pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCSOL202 – Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCWHS201 – Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCCHM201 – Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCMOM203 – Operate basic machinery and equipment
- AHCNSY201 – Pot up plants
- AHCPGD201 – Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCWRK204 – Work effectively in the industry
- AHCWRK205 – Participate in workplace communications
- AHCWRK209 – Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- TLID1001 – Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- AHCMOM204 – Undertake operational maintenance of machinery
Elective units are subject to change.
- Horticulture Assistant
- Assistant Gardener
- General Garden Maintenance
- Assistant Groundsperson
- Community Landscape Officer
- Nursery Hand
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Course Duration: Approximately 6 – 12 months
Delivery Mode Options: Workplace | Online (real time) classroom | Online self paced | Combination of above | Workplace Traineeship
Entry Requirements: Completion of a LLN quiz to ascertain if you require any assistance during the course. For this qualification, learners are expected to have a basic to medium level of Language, Literacy and Numeracy.
This qualification does require some physical ability such as lifting and bending. Please call our office and we will be happy to assist you decide if this qualification is right for you.